One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for mountain hare
- ‘Six blue hares and seventeen brown hares were subjected to detailed post mortem examinations.’
- ‘Rabbits, young blue hares and ground-nesting birds, are likely to form the major part of its diet in Shetland.’
- ‘Gwen caught a hare on every organized coursing event she was entered in, and on one private event took twelve blue hares in one day.’
- ‘They have colonised cultivated landscapes whilst our native mountain or blue hare is largely confined to upland areas.’
- ‘Particularly at risk is the mountain, or blue hare, which lives among the moorland heather of the Peaks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.