One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cheese containing veins of blue mould, such as Stilton and Danish Blue.
- ‘If you prefer it with more of a kick, use blue cheese instead of parmesan, or stir in a good pinch of garam masala.’
- ‘Other dishes included chicken and mushroom puff pastry pie; blue cheese gnocchi; spinach and ricotta cannelloni; and haddock corn and pea pie.’
- ‘I would much rather eat raisins than, say, blue cheese or insects.’
- ‘There's a salad with Spanish judion beans and piquant blue cheese, a dish of salty sweet peppers, roast aubergines with a nutty tahini dressing and a pile of crisp spring rolls filled with bean shoots and mint.’
- ‘The other soup choices that day were: mixed vegetables, carrot and cilantro, lentil and bacon, cauliflower and blue cheese, and cream of mushroom.’
- ‘Place the cream, yoghurt, eggs and blue cheese in a food processor and blend briefly, until combined, then season with salt and pepper.’
- ‘Arrange the fennel mixture on the endives and sprinkle with blue cheese and pecans.’
- ‘I add blue cheese and do them bite-size instead, which makes them easier to eat and less likely to sink despondently on cooling.’
- ‘To the pastry add crumbled ricotta cheese, crumbled blue cheese, caramelized onions and the chopped artichoke hearts.’
- ‘Here I am then, facing a near empty fridge, wondering whether to try and force down blue cheese on toast or a stilton and mayonnaise sandwich, or whether to go without altogether.’
- ‘Grilled flatbread with fresh, roasted figs, a pungent melt of blue cheese and a cap of pleasantly bitter arugula leaves has the appeal of some inspired pizza mutant.’
- ‘Apart from making a small amount of hard cheese and yoghurt to sell locally, blue cheese is the company's mainstay and Louis says a decision will have to be made on whether or not to expand the range.’
- ‘The burger wasn't life-changing, but it was totally satisfying, served on a good bun with some thin onion rings tossed with crumbled blue cheese.’
- ‘I had the pear and cashel blue cheese salad with candied pecans and lemon vinaigrette.’
- ‘A roasted pear stuffed with blue cheese and splashed with a port-wine-laced vinaigrette produces an enticingly light beignet.’
- ‘‘We hope this third blue cheese will cement our reputation for excellence in blue cheese making,’ she said.’
- ‘To turn this salad into a complete meal, add mozzarella cheese or blue cheese.’
- ‘A plate of cold cuts, an assortment of olives, nuts, some dried fruit and a tangy chunk of blue cheese is full of flavor.’
- ‘If you don't like the assertive flavor of a blue cheese, try Asiago or feta cheese instead.’
- ‘Also absent from the list of toppings are gorgonzola, feta and blue cheeses, fresh garlic, arugula, zucchini and capers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.