One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heavily built Australian skink with a large head, short limbs, and a blue tongue which is displayed in defence.
- ‘A blue-tongued skink was examined by veterinary experts who discovered it had severe conjunctivitis and was blind in one eye, with lesions in the other.’
- ‘This includes leopard geckos, Honduran milk snakes, blue-tongued skink, an eagle owl and the star turns - giant tortoises.’
- ‘A blue-tongued skink and a bearded dragon are just some of the many varied creatures on display at a new centre dedicated to animals which has been officially opened.’
- ‘Her family home on Gilbert Road is literally stuffed full of life, from her husband and two children, to the family dog, two snakes, two veiled chameleons, two iguanas, three geckos, 12 bearded dragons and a blue-tongued skink, to be exact.’
- ‘She picks up corn snakes and blue-tongued skinks as though they are favourite pets, has ridden elephants, taken close-up photos of yawning crocodiles, and stroked dolphins in the seas off New Zealand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.