One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Wading in the lake shallows, they stir up organic matter with their bills, including mollusks and crustaceans and the bird's favorite meal, spirulina, a type of nontoxic blue-green algae.’
- ‘But he warned: ‘Given that over the course of the two billion years that Earth has been producing oxygen, life has for the most part been represented by blue-green algae.’’
- ‘My blood cells are a lot more like a cell from spirulina blue-green algae than they are like a flame, or a light bulb, or a sun.’
- ‘In fact, African flamingos get their pink color from eating a diet super-rich in the pinkish blue-green algae, spirulina.’
- ‘Then there are bacteria and blue-green algae, which differ structurally from higher organisms far more than plants differ from animals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.