One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Those huge, rubbery, blubbery, slobbering slabs of meat; oh, it was just gross!’
- ‘And every town on the route seemed to produce at least one blubbery streaker, sliding along the ice on his bum, to relieve the waits between passing groups of skaters.’
- ‘Overweight, blubbery, unfit bodies are no great advantage at 19,000 feet and so the bodies were whipped into (some sort of) shape.’
- ‘I was a little bit blubbery, to be honest, but Chelsea was all excited.’
- ‘I've said before that my metabolism wavers sinuously between stallion and walrus, and I've been getting noticeably blubbery in recent months.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.