One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a vehicle or its engine) provided with a turbocharger.
- ‘His current gig is driving a blown Dragster for the Las Vegas-based team owner.’
- ‘Like many blown cars it makes rapid progress but in a series of surges.’
- ‘An A / Fuel car is a little easier to get the hang of than a blown car.’
- ‘If you run a turbo or blown car, you need an intercooler for best performance.’
- ‘The normally aspirated 2.0 is a fine and splendid vehicle only eclipsed by the stunning performance of its blown sibling, the XT.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.