One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a vehicle or its engine) provided with a turbocharger.
- ‘If you run a turbo or blown car, you need an intercooler for best performance.’
- ‘His current gig is driving a blown Dragster for the Las Vegas-based team owner.’
- ‘The normally aspirated 2.0 is a fine and splendid vehicle only eclipsed by the stunning performance of its blown sibling, the XT.’
- ‘An A / Fuel car is a little easier to get the hang of than a blown car.’
- ‘Like many blown cars it makes rapid progress but in a series of surges.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.