One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for blowtorch
- ‘Examples in Fig.4 show that 15-30% of leaf fresh weight (about 20-40% of leaf water content) is driven off as steam when leaflets are scorched with the blowlamp.’
- ‘And yet the rage that one felt was an abstract, undirected emotion which could be switched from one object to another like the flame of a blowlamp.’
- ‘Consumer watchdogs have suspended sales of a household blowlamp that has been found to be potentially dangerous.’
- ‘It appears that a workman was doing repairs below the roof and using a blowlamp.’
- ‘Fire caused £1M of damage to Clover Mill on Thursday, 5 June 1952, after a blowlamp exploded in the basement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.