Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Be considerably better or more successful than.‘a package that blows the doors off anything on the market’
- ‘The best-selling author is blowing the doors off business as usual with hard truths and ideas that work.’
- ‘It blows the doors off of the machines at the low end, just blows the doors off of them.’
- ‘When professionals entered the Olympics they blew the doors off the ‘amateurs’.’
- ‘Like when punk rock reclaimed rock and roll, blowing the doors off the recording industry in the process.’
- ‘Lasers add new level of design detail, virtually blowing the doors off traditional steel rule die cutting.’
- ‘Mine would blow the doors off of just about anything else out there, but I did spend over $3000.’
- ‘Essentially, Bugatti made the decision to blow the doors off the supercar world by creating a 1,000-horsepower engine.’
- ‘Power enough to blow the doors off of most living rooms and much more.’
- ‘Liberate people's thinking by introducing them to gutsy leaders who are blowing the doors off business as usual’
- ‘In those days 8-tracks blew the doors off anything coming from a radio station, despite their infamous fadeouts when the tracks switched.’
- ‘This was Lee's second summer as an intern and ‘she blew the doors off of this,’ Stephan said.’
- ‘This past year's induction ceremony showcased 70 characters and blew the doors off last years numbers!’
- ‘While its performance blows the doors off the competition over any terrain, a cramped interior and clunky cabin tech bring it down.’
- ‘Joe's book blows the doors off conventional thinking and offers a brilliant new yet accessible approach to community.’
- ‘Then came these new bands and they blew the doors off the traditional format.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.