One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lose one's temper.‘he is volatile and likely to blow his top if his demands aren't met’
lose one's temper, become angry, get angry, become enraged, become furious, go into a fury, go into a rage, rant and rave, go berserk, flare up, blow up, erupt, rage, blow one's cool, lose one's coolView synonyms
- ‘I thought my dad was going to blow his lid when the guy came around with the crumb collector.’
- ‘‘I've seen him be patient with things where he would normally blow his lid.’’
- ‘Some people are just complainers... she's the type to blow her lid if her husband leaves the toilet seat up.’
- ‘Thomas didn't help when he blew his lid with seven-tenths of a second left in the third quarter.’
- ‘You'd think he would've blown his lid when he realized the chef was downstairs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.