One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lose one's temper.‘he is volatile and likely to blow his top if his demands aren't met’
- ‘‘I've seen him be patient with things where he would normally blow his lid.’’
- ‘Thomas didn't help when he blew his lid with seven-tenths of a second left in the third quarter.’
- ‘You'd think he would've blown his lid when he realized the chef was downstairs.’
- ‘I thought my dad was going to blow his lid when the guy came around with the crumb collector.’
- ‘Some people are just complainers... she's the type to blow her lid if her husband leaves the toilet seat up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.