One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Covered with blotches; patchy.‘discoloration or blotchy skin on the legs’
spotty, spotted, blemished, blotched, patchy, uneven, smudged, freckled, marked, smeary, streaked, stippled, macular, covered with blotchesView synonyms
- ‘He smiled, watching Ferik's skin redden and become blotchy from the rain.’
- ‘Failure to do so will cause an uneven blotchy appearance on your teak furniture after you apply the sealant.’
- ‘Her voice had risen to a shriek, and her usually beautiful face was red, blotchy, and streaked with tears.’
- ‘Signs to look out for in babies or infants include a high-pitched moaning or whimpering cry, a blank, staring expression and pale, blotchy complexion.’
- ‘One of the medics, a woman, sat with a woman whose face was reddened and blotchy from crying.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.