One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Covered with blotches; patchy.‘discoloration or blotchy skin on the legs’
spotty, spotted, blemished, blotched, patchy, uneven, smudged, freckled, marked, smeary, streaked, stippled, macular, covered with blotchesView synonyms
- ‘One of the medics, a woman, sat with a woman whose face was reddened and blotchy from crying.’
- ‘Signs to look out for in babies or infants include a high-pitched moaning or whimpering cry, a blank, staring expression and pale, blotchy complexion.’
- ‘He smiled, watching Ferik's skin redden and become blotchy from the rain.’
- ‘Her voice had risen to a shriek, and her usually beautiful face was red, blotchy, and streaked with tears.’
- ‘Failure to do so will cause an uneven blotchy appearance on your teak furniture after you apply the sealant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.