One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The channels of communication have broken down through intransigence, sheer bloody-mindedness and despair.’
- ‘Britain in the early 1940s, dark, grimy, tired after years of a war visited on the population night after night, living on hope and prayer and the sheer bloody-mindedness of a people determined never to surrender.’
- ‘In fact, bloody-mindedness is the most important weapon in a marathon runner's arsenal.’
- ‘The choices we made - there's a lot of bloody-mindedness and shooting ourselves in the foot, but I think just the fact that we'll keep going, we'll see how far this can go, and not try and be like a proper band would be.’
- ‘Single-mindedness and determination are admired but shade into bloody-mindedness and obstinacy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.