One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of hardwood trees with deep red timber.
an Australian gum tree (genus Eucalyptus, family Myrtaceae, in particular E. gummifera).
a tree of the Old World tropics (genus Pterocarpus, family Leguminosae), including kiaat.
- ‘This species of eucalypt here is one of the yellow bloodwoods.’
- ‘We visited in September during the Wibabiya season, when singing rings through the sun-drenched stringybark, woollybutt and bloodwood forests.’
- ‘I follow the green up the stony rise behind the bloodwood.’
- ‘The homestead museum sits secluded among the bloodwoods, nutwoods and cabbage gums.’
- ‘The inlaws do the carving of the Pukumani poles which are made from the bloodwood tree, then painted with ochres and erected around the grave.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.