One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their bloodsucking bite can cause itchy red welts to appear on the skin of their victims.’
- ‘She agrees, then discovers her legs covered in bloodsucking leeches.’
- ‘When outdoors, people are encouraged to use an insect repellant containing DEET, an active ingredient unequalled at keeping the bloodsucking pests at bay.’
- ‘The extent to which I hate bloodsucking ticks can hardly be described and I subject myself to intense and private scrutiny when I return home.’
- ‘He pulls up his shirt to reveal a bloodsucking creature attached to his belly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.