One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The blood circulating through the body of a person or animal.
- ‘From here, the oxygen in the air can be absorbed into the bloodstream and taken to the rest of the body.’
- ‘Red blood cells are produced in the bone marrow and circulate in the bloodstream before they are broken down in the spleen.’
- ‘It can also travel to other parts of the body through the bloodstream and lymph system.’
- ‘A special dye is injected into the bloodstream which shows up when the x-ray is taken.’
- ‘While cholesterol in the bloodstream has a reputation for clogging the body's arteries, it's not all bad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.