One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A green gemstone that is spotted or streaked with red, consisting of a variety of chalcedony.
- ‘They were also taken to the machair to see the famous bloodstone with which the Morrisons are reputed to have hit the Macaulays in a clan battle.’
- ‘Here you are, it is her birth stone, it is generally called the bloodstone.’
- ‘She wore blue jeans and a black hoodie, black eyeliner and nail polish, and she wore a bloodstone choker was around her neck.’
- ‘A pendant of red bloodstone on a silver chain hung between her breasts.’
- ‘She'd always said it was made from bloodstone, nothing valuable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.