One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's a chilling scene, and, despite its bloodlessness, is difficult to watch.’
- ‘As the exhibition notes say, the drawing has ‘an air of sweetness, safety, bloodlessness.’’
- ‘Devotees of slasher flicks will be appalled by the relative bloodlessness.’
- ‘An example of the authors' bloodlessness is their assertion that ‘Henry V's troops before the Battle of Agincourt were scared and concerned about the future’.’
- ‘Seen close, she's even more pale than she appeared under club lights two nights ago, and there's a bloodlessness to that pallor that I've never seen but have heard described.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.