One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Things seem to be going as planned, however, not as bloodlessly as I would have liked, ’.’
- ‘The dynasty ended bloodlessly in 751, when Charlemagne's father Pippin appealed to Rome, asking, in effect, who should wear the crown: he who was the puppet or he who truly ruled?’
- ‘His key allies are now in place in the new Commons and the bloodlessly reshuffled government.’
- ‘The crushing of the Commune ended the dominance of French politics by the threat of Parisian uprisings that had begun in 1789, although the practice was revived, bloodlessly, in 1968.’
- ‘Thanks both to fate and the stamina of the Estonian people, the occupation was terminated and independence was re-established virtually bloodlessly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.