One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Things seem to be going as planned, however, not as bloodlessly as I would have liked, ’.’
- ‘The crushing of the Commune ended the dominance of French politics by the threat of Parisian uprisings that had begun in 1789, although the practice was revived, bloodlessly, in 1968.’
- ‘Thanks both to fate and the stamina of the Estonian people, the occupation was terminated and independence was re-established virtually bloodlessly.’
- ‘The dynasty ended bloodlessly in 751, when Charlemagne's father Pippin appealed to Rome, asking, in effect, who should wear the crown: he who was the puppet or he who truly ruled?’
- ‘His key allies are now in place in the new Commons and the bloodlessly reshuffled government.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.