Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small South American freshwater fish that is silvery yellow with bright red fins, popular in aquaria.
- ‘Ended up buying bloodfins because I didn't want to buy fish and have it die early.’
- ‘The bloodfin tetra's body was cut almost completely in half.’
- ‘They will kill fish that won't run, as I have learned the hard way losing some bloodfins and a along the way.’
- ‘Either way, if you make sure your glowlights, pristellas and bloodfins aren't tiny little ones, you should be okay.’
- ‘When we bought it, it accidentally got caught up in the net with the 3 bloodfins, and the seller didn't want to take it out and try to catch them again.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.