One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small South American freshwater fish that is silvery yellow with bright red fins, popular in aquaria.
Aphyocharax rubripinnis, family Characidae
- ‘When we bought it, it accidentally got caught up in the net with the 3 bloodfins, and the seller didn't want to take it out and try to catch them again.’
- ‘Either way, if you make sure your glowlights, pristellas and bloodfins aren't tiny little ones, you should be okay.’
- ‘Ended up buying bloodfins because I didn't want to buy fish and have it die early.’
- ‘The bloodfin tetra's body was cut almost completely in half.’
- ‘They will kill fish that won't run, as I have learned the hard way losing some bloodfins and a along the way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.