Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The concentration of glucose in the blood.
- ‘High blood sugar impairs your immune system and increases your risk of infections.’
- ‘Shortly after birth, the baby may continue to make extra insulin even though high levels of blood sugar are no longer present.’
- ‘The way your body responds to insulin, the hormone that controls your blood sugar level may be involved.’
- ‘Insoluble fiber has little effect on how rapidly your blood sugar rises after eating.’
- ‘The meal plan should make it easier to keep your child's blood sugar within his or her goal range.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.