One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An orange of a variety with red or red-streaked flesh.
- ‘Next layer thinly sliced avocado on top, followed by supremed slices of blood orange.’
- ‘This is a late-ripening blood orange from Spain.’
- ‘I watched him this morning juicing a grapefruit, guava, blood orange, mango, plums, and grapes and pouring the elixir into a giant glass pitcher.’
- ‘Danny had blood orange carpaccio with pomegranate granite and lime and that was very refreshing too.’
- ‘Chocolate orange truffle: Hot chocolate swirled with orange vodka and Grand Marnier, garnished with a chocolate-dipped blood orange.’
- ‘A blood orange mojito is fresh tasting and herbal, and the splash of acidity makes it an affable partner to the food.’
- ‘A seasonal blood orange jelly with tiny triangles of orange flesh came quivering to the table with a satiny-smooth orange blossom ice cream just beginning to melt on top.’
- ‘Whatever it is, I'm eating a delicious mix of blood orange and passion fruit.’
- ‘Place the grapefruit, blood orange, and orange segments in a large, shallow bowl and pour the jelly on top.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the grapefruit, blood orange, lemon, lime, and tangerine segments.’
- ‘This is a delicious pound cake glazed with a blood orange glaze.’
- ‘The appetizer was promising, featuring crab and sea urchin and avocado and blood orange.’
- ‘One type of citrus gaining popularity is the blood orange.’
- ‘For the blood orange soup, in a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until dissolved and set aside.’
- ‘The salmon was prepared in a marinade of Sicilian blood orange and passion fruit, with a healthy dose of ginger, and sat atop a cold sweet potato purée.’
- ‘And their frozen margaritas - ever-changing offerings that have included flavors such as blood orange and mango - are definitely sophisticated, if not traditional.’
- ‘To assemble the blood orange slices, arrange the orange rinds on a sheet pan.’
- ‘The food is now amazing especially for bar food - I had the salad of confit duck with blood orange and rocket which was really delicious.’
- ‘In a small bowl, place two tangerine segments and one blood orange segment.’
- ‘In a separate bowl, combine the blood orange marmalade, blood orange segments, and blood orange zest and toss to coat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.