Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for schistosome
- ‘Our research has focused on the relationships between two groups of human blood flukes within the genus Schistosoma.’
- ‘He went to southern Sudan, where people struggle with guinea worms, blood flukes, and many other such organisms.’
- ‘This evidence is particularly strong in the parasitic blood fluke Schistosoma mansoni, in which Merlin is also the first described DNA transposon family.’
- ‘They include several parasites that have an enormous impact on human populations, such as human liver flukes and the blood flukes that cause schistosomiasis.’
- ‘Of the 41 counties with a history of blood flukes epidemic, the situation has not been controlled in 14, with a population of 5.95 million.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.