One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The injection of oxygenated blood into an athlete before an event in an (illegal) attempt to enhance athletic performance.
- ‘According to the scientists, Australia has now thrown away the opportunity to be the global centre of blood doping research, with the backing of the international pharmaceutical industry.’
- ‘When he was accused of blood doping, he said he took reindeer milk.’
- ‘Michael then described the methods of illegal performance enhancement: drugs and blood doping.’
- ‘Using oxygen in high-altitude mountaineering is like blood doping in cycling.’
- ‘If you look at the example I gave about blood doping, that promotes similar kinds of concerns.’
- ‘Throughout my career I always dealt with the knowledge that there was blood doping going on.’
- ‘A section on ‘prohibited techniques’ covers such items as blood doping and physical manipulation to alter test results.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.