One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the kinds of cell normally found circulating in the blood.
- ‘Other studies have shown that it stimulates a white blood cell to exhibit anticancer cell activity.’
- ‘What determines whether a stem cell ends up being a muscle or a blood cell or the myriad of other cells which make up an individual?’
- ‘The red blood cell, shaped like a doughnut without a hole in the center, carries oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body.’
- ‘She was stable, although her white blood cell count was still elevated.’
- ‘Iron is a key part of hemoglobin, which is the part of the red blood cell that carries oxygen from the lungs out to the rest of the body.’
- ‘Many people know that stem cells can grow into virtually any cell type found in the body, from a red blood cell to a muscle cell to a brain cell.’
- ‘While it obtains some of these by digesting the red blood cell's hemoglobin, it must get the rest from outside the cell.’
- ‘Some types of radiation treatment areas will require weekly blood tests to check the blood cell counts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.