One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the kinds of cell normally found circulating in the blood.
- ‘Some types of radiation treatment areas will require weekly blood tests to check the blood cell counts.’
- ‘Many people know that stem cells can grow into virtually any cell type found in the body, from a red blood cell to a muscle cell to a brain cell.’
- ‘She was stable, although her white blood cell count was still elevated.’
- ‘The red blood cell, shaped like a doughnut without a hole in the center, carries oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body.’
- ‘What determines whether a stem cell ends up being a muscle or a blood cell or the myriad of other cells which make up an individual?’
- ‘Other studies have shown that it stimulates a white blood cell to exhibit anticancer cell activity.’
- ‘While it obtains some of these by digesting the red blood cell's hemoglobin, it must get the rest from outside the cell.’
- ‘Iron is a key part of hemoglobin, which is the part of the red blood cell that carries oxygen from the lungs out to the rest of the body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.