One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the kinds of cell normally found circulating in the blood.
- ‘What determines whether a stem cell ends up being a muscle or a blood cell or the myriad of other cells which make up an individual?’
- ‘Other studies have shown that it stimulates a white blood cell to exhibit anticancer cell activity.’
- ‘Iron is a key part of hemoglobin, which is the part of the red blood cell that carries oxygen from the lungs out to the rest of the body.’
- ‘Many people know that stem cells can grow into virtually any cell type found in the body, from a red blood cell to a muscle cell to a brain cell.’
- ‘While it obtains some of these by digesting the red blood cell's hemoglobin, it must get the rest from outside the cell.’
- ‘Some types of radiation treatment areas will require weekly blood tests to check the blood cell counts.’
- ‘The red blood cell, shaped like a doughnut without a hole in the center, carries oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body.’
- ‘She was stable, although her white blood cell count was still elevated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.