One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for blood doping
- ‘Blood doping, also known as blood packing or blood boosting, is the injection of blood or blood-related products to raise the blood's oxygen carrying capacity.’
- ‘It was subsequently shown that blood boosting did not work… and, indeed, he did not try the procedure.’
- ‘Other names for blood boosting are ‘blood doping’ and ‘blood packing.’’
- ‘What they should have done was to declare blood boosting to be against the rules and then used whatever enforcement mechanisms were available.’
- ‘Hypoxic blood boosting involves sleeping in altitude tents or rooms that simulate the low-oxygen conditions of high altitude.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.