One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where supplies of blood or plasma for transfusion are stored.
- ‘He also plays a role in the mobile blood bank that visits town regularly for the Blood Transfusion Service.’
- ‘These filters could be used either at the bedside by placing them in the transfusion set or in the blood bank.’
- ‘The role of the routine blood bank in providing therapeutic products has changed dramatically within the past five years.’
- ‘There will also be testing centres for blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, and the blood bank will be present.’
- ‘The unit should be returned to the blood bank for investigation.’
- ‘A request from the hospital transfusion services to the regional blood bank for assistance was initiated.’
- ‘Blood units not transfused are returned to the blood bank.’
- ‘When the blood bank was notified that emergency issue was desired, the patient's full name and hospital identification number were recorded.’
- ‘The hospital may purchase blood from a regional blood bank.’
- ‘Obviously, however, this protocol significantly increases the blood bank workload.’
- ‘To find out more about donating blood, contact your community hospital or your regional blood bank.’
- ‘Someone suggested a blood bank in an eastern suburb of the city.’
- ‘The blood bank also provides transfusion to cancer patients who frequently need it.’
- ‘Despite all the difficulties in running a hospital in a developing country, the blood bank normally did a remarkably good job.’
- ‘If you have questions or would like to give blood, contact your local blood bank or the American Red Cross.’
- ‘Our blood bank cost allocation for a transfusion reaction workup during the study period was $75.’
- ‘A request for two units of packed red blood cells was received by the blood bank.’
- ‘Transfusion history is important and required when a blood specimen is sent to the blood bank for typing and screening or for a cross match.’
- ‘The time elapsed for transport of blood from the blood bank to the operating rooms is approximately 50 seconds.’
- ‘Initially every industrial country strove to establish its own blood bank and transfusion service.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.