One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where supplies of blood or plasma for transfusion are stored.
- ‘Transfusion history is important and required when a blood specimen is sent to the blood bank for typing and screening or for a cross match.’
- ‘Despite all the difficulties in running a hospital in a developing country, the blood bank normally did a remarkably good job.’
- ‘Obviously, however, this protocol significantly increases the blood bank workload.’
- ‘A request from the hospital transfusion services to the regional blood bank for assistance was initiated.’
- ‘Blood units not transfused are returned to the blood bank.’
- ‘The hospital may purchase blood from a regional blood bank.’
- ‘If you have questions or would like to give blood, contact your local blood bank or the American Red Cross.’
- ‘These filters could be used either at the bedside by placing them in the transfusion set or in the blood bank.’
- ‘Our blood bank cost allocation for a transfusion reaction workup during the study period was $75.’
- ‘When the blood bank was notified that emergency issue was desired, the patient's full name and hospital identification number were recorded.’
- ‘A request for two units of packed red blood cells was received by the blood bank.’
- ‘The role of the routine blood bank in providing therapeutic products has changed dramatically within the past five years.’
- ‘Someone suggested a blood bank in an eastern suburb of the city.’
- ‘The unit should be returned to the blood bank for investigation.’
- ‘He also plays a role in the mobile blood bank that visits town regularly for the Blood Transfusion Service.’
- ‘The blood bank also provides transfusion to cancer patients who frequently need it.’
- ‘To find out more about donating blood, contact your community hospital or your regional blood bank.’
- ‘Initially every industrial country strove to establish its own blood bank and transfusion service.’
- ‘There will also be testing centres for blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, and the blood bank will be present.’
- ‘The time elapsed for transport of blood from the blood bank to the operating rooms is approximately 50 seconds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.