One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The concentration of alcohol detected in a blood sample.‘his blood alcohol was recorded at 0.14, well above the legal limit of 0.08’as modifier ‘blood-alcohol level’
- ‘A drinker's blood alcohol content can push the legal limit before he shows any signs of obvious intoxication.’
- ‘Presumably the blood alcohol level would raise a question of degree.’
- ‘The officer said it was fairer to the accused to obtain a deep lung sample, which is more accurate for blood alcohol ratio.’
- ‘She took two pills while at the party which would account for the barbiturates which were shown in her blood alcohol test.’
- ‘Her blood alcohol was analysed.’
- ‘His blood alcohol level was double the legal limit at the time of the crash.’
- ‘His blood alcohol concentration was above zero.’
- ‘The novice driver's blood alcohol concentration must be zero at all times while he or she is operating the motor vehicle.’
- ‘At the time of the accident, [the applicant] had blood alcohol content greater than zero, in breach of the conditions on his licence provided for under the Highway Traffic Act.’
- ‘If you look at the blood alcohol content, she must have been drunk at the time.’
- ‘He said that if he had known her blood alcohol level, he might have examined her more closely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.