One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Simultaneously, however, a battle over the symbolism of blondness was taking place in other parts of Europe where the Virgin Mary was being portrayed as a blonde.’
- ‘Her blondness came mostly from a bottle, but she had been such a sweetly pretty little girl with blonde ringlets that some of the older townspeople still called her Goldilocks.’
- ‘His boldness and his allegiance to his own mind were as irresistible as his blondness and blue-eyed sweetness.’
- ‘One could not help noticing that, in her radiant blondness, she is even more attractive than her husband.’
- ‘The blondness as an attraction to black-haired Asians does make sense.’
- ‘Nor would you have said anything similar in this country during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I, whose portraits over the years increasingly exaggerated the blondness of her hair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.