Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An instance of being silly or scatterbrained.‘we all have our blonde moments’
reverie, trance, fantasy, vision, fancy, hallucination, musing, brown study, imaginingView synonyms
- ‘Well, no one ever said smart blondes weren't entitled to blonde moments!’
- ‘Liz was pretty smart for the most part, but did have her blonde moments, which were many.’
- ‘I would like to say I had a blonde moment, but having infuriated large chunks of the readership last week, I think I'll avoid upsetting anyone else today.’
- ‘This morning I had a definite blonde moment, when I thought that the cord dangling from the ceiling in the bathroom turned the shower on.’
- ‘Well - they weren't the absent-minded blonde moments I said they were.’
1990s: from the stereotypical perception of blonde-haired women as unintelligent.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.