Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Characteristic of a blog or blogs.‘a lot of the journalism is quite bloggy, with opinions rather than facts’
- ‘There are certainly a lot of hints, allegations and murmurs out there tonight, particularly on the bloggier part of the web, about what might be coming down the pike.’
- ‘If a novel with a pink popsicle on the cover sounds to you like literature veering into the tedious, high-pitched and bloggy, fear not.’
- ‘So I will hole up in my office today and do some writing of an academic, not bloggy, kind and grade a segment of exams.’
- ‘Zuckerman also offers a list of the "least bloggy" newspapers.’
- ‘Here's a curious little bloggy question for you: do you know of anyone who actively prefers diet cola to regular cola?’
- ‘I thought it would be interesting to discover what are the bloggiest Australian newspapers.’
- ‘It points to a crude, but still interesting, method for rating how "bloggy" a newspaper is.’
- ‘It's interesting how this local paper have actually gone with a very "bloggy" angle.’
- ‘I very much agree that the site needs to be bloggier.’
- ‘In the meantime, the five contributors seem to be pointed in the right direction and are doing their thing in readable, bloggy style.’
- ‘In other ways, though, it's an honest attempt to imitate a bloggy style.’
- ‘My point is that while nobody can or should expect every bloggy chat about pets or babies or knitting or plants or music or haircuts to also explore the innermost recesses of the human soul, no-one should automatically assume those subjects can't take us there, either.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.