Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Suitable or sufficiently interesting as a topic for a blog:‘I started subscribing to the journal in the hope of finding bloggable material in there’
- ‘The Presidential campaign affects what too many people say about too many things, and that causes me to turn away from a lot of subjects that might otherwise be bloggable.’
- ‘There is so much bloggable stuff in today's Torygraph, that I'm going to have to post on it before I see the reactions to the rest of the news around the blogosphere.’
- ‘I noted bloggable ideas on a Post-It, as I used to do before I got the high-speed access.’
- ‘I jest about my celebrity crushes, and having 'fessed up, I think it's bloggable subject, but I don't take them too seriously.’
- ‘Before we go, here are some of our favorite bloggable moments from the campaign trail that you might have missed.’
- ‘I've already stated how insane my work schedule is for this week, so it may take me some time to get the e-mails into a format that is bloggable ’
- ‘Whilst I have not found the answer to life, the universe, and everything bloggable, I have deduced that the answer depends on the blog's style, content and what it delivers to its readers.’
- ‘I just hope that somewhere in this two hour talk-a-thon someone does something bloggable.’
- ‘I have kids who do stupid, bloggable things.’
- ‘Unlike when I'm writing about multiculturalism or constitutionalism, that material doesn't generate spillover bloggable ideas.’
- ‘When I think a meeting is bloggable, I will announce it and when you have questions you cannot ask - because you are too shy or not present, please let me know, I might get the chance you might not get.’
- ‘If no blog-worthy events take place, the author may find themselves at a loss, and begins to contemplate, "If my life is not bloggable, I am in serious need of a life."’
- ‘That must be because the Friday Five website finally shut down last week after 2 years providing us with inspirational bloggable questions every week.’
- ‘With each novel read and each film watched comes a new range of bloggable ideas, which might well make more interesting reading than the standard-issue navel-gazing, but take time to compose, while other matters press harder.’
- ‘Ain't it the way: you wait several months for some bloggable news and then four fat stories come along at once.’
- ‘Having something bloggable does create a little additional value, but trotting out an actual movie review, MSM-style, doesn't interest me much.’
- ‘When I saw the latest Businessweek cover and read why he is worth $60 million, I didn't even deem it bloggable.’
- ‘I've made some plans, things bloggable and not, but all in the future, once I've thought some things out a bit more, I can finish making the plans in writing.’
- ‘I'll attend and take notes (and maybe photos) and will probably come up with something bloggable.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.