Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A piece of writing or other item of content published on a blog.‘I've read your previous blog post on this topic’
- ‘Between writing a letter to my husband every day and doing a daily blog post, that's a lot of writing for a writer out of practice.’
- ‘Did I really think I'd have time to write a blog post?’
- ‘He wanted to clarify a number of things in response to my recent blog posts.’
- ‘The report stems from a recent blog post by a reliable technology insider.’
- ‘It's important when reading a blog post that you feel it comes from a person.’
- ‘The new logo ushers in "one of the most significant waves of product launches in our history", the company's general manager of brand strategy wrote in a blog post yesterday.’
- ‘I have read so many blog posts that have inspired me or impressed me or stuck with me.’
- ‘Your recent blog post on that topic was very interesting.’
- ‘The hardest part is that you can write the best guest blog post, but if the pitch email isn't genuine or well thought out, none of your efforts will matter.’
- ‘In a recent blog post he made some bold predictions about the cost of each individual component.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.