One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very stupid person.
- ‘After a long, tiresome, journey, me and those blockheads I call my friends, had made it to our destination.’
- ‘She knew he was right, she knew she should be nicer to the blockhead, but he just made is so difficult.’
- ‘This is not the way narrow-minded blockheads behave.’
- ‘I can tell you that right now, because today was my first encounter with the blockheads.’
- ‘And then the stupid blockhead called Jessie something I never want to hear repeated again.’
- ‘I figure I can trick a couple of blockheads into believing that I am going to take you two back to the boss.’
- ‘I muttered under my breath as three blockheads came in and sat directly behind us.’
- ‘This article was so easy to understand, I'm sure even the State Department blockheads will get it.’
- ‘It takes a real blockhead with a will of iron to make it worse.’
- ‘They're all designed by blockheads who hold the end-user in contempt for not being smart enough to build their own fax machine out of twine, a loose eyeglass lens and foil from cigarette packs.’
- ‘Apparently he didn't appreciate my efforts because suddenly he jumped to his feet and reverted back to his blockhead ways.’
- ‘It is worth remembering that the original Luddites of the early 19th century were not uneducated blockheads who didn't understand machines.’
- ‘I wish there weren't so many hungry kids and so many loud mouthed blockheads who do not think before they speak.’
- ‘In-Camp training gives us licence to become lewd, loud blockheads.’
- ‘There's so much to enjoy here, however, that even dull-witted blockheads like me will whoop with (slightly confused) pleasure.’
- ‘Remember how you always told yourself that those fraternity blockheads would be in big trouble once they entered the real world?’
- ‘I've had it with all you unreliable, inconsistent, and detestable blockheads.’
- ‘I was nearly married to some blockhead and just barely escaped.’
- ‘Whatever Doctor Johnson might assert, nobody, not even a blockhead, writes only for money.’
- ‘I'll say I'm sorry for being such a blockhead, and you'll apologize for nearly killing us with cutbacks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.