One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘We can forcibly remove the blockades if we are sure that there is enough evidence that the blockaders are illegal,’ he told the Post.’
- ‘Road blockades, and the use of police and military force against the blockaders, could resume if a permanent agreement is not reached.’
- ‘Two rams and another iron warship were to form the nucleus of a Confederate fleet designed to sweep away the blockaders and challenge northern supremacy in American waters.’
- ‘As you can hear from this home video, the police arrived and tried to reason with the blockaders.’
- ‘The main streets were shut by successive waves of blockaders who used everything from burning bales of hay to chains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.