One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The main streets were shut by successive waves of blockaders who used everything from burning bales of hay to chains.’
- ‘As you can hear from this home video, the police arrived and tried to reason with the blockaders.’
- ‘Two rams and another iron warship were to form the nucleus of a Confederate fleet designed to sweep away the blockaders and challenge northern supremacy in American waters.’
- ‘Road blockades, and the use of police and military force against the blockaders, could resume if a permanent agreement is not reached.’
- ‘‘We can forcibly remove the blockades if we are sure that there is enough evidence that the blockaders are illegal,’ he told the Post.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.