Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A carpenter's plane with a blade set at an acute angle, used especially for planing across the end grain of wood.
- ‘Set the nails and use a block plane to remove additional wood as needed to make the extension jamb flush with the wall surface.’
- ‘Mark all cut lines with a pencil; trim panels to size using a block plane for the sides and a handsaw for the ends.’
- ‘Before setting in concrete, use a block plane and curve the edges on the legs.’
- ‘In that case, use a block plane to plane the jamb flush with the interior wall surface.’
- ‘A mallet, a block plane with front horn, and a small hatchet are located below the framing square.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.