One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A diagram showing in schematic form the general arrangement of the parts or components of a complex system or process, such as an industrial apparatus or an electronic circuit.
- ‘His presentations using block diagrams and drawings were profound influences that are with us still.’
- ‘We could include some schematics and block diagrams and lots of beauty shots of the cell phones and PDAs and other products we enable but don't make.’
- ‘Figure 18 shows task priority in a control system block diagram.’
- ‘Figure 3 presents the block diagram of the MAP processor.’
- ‘After all, when you want a computer to do something for you, you punch it in through the keyboard, rather than re-designing the microprocessor from a block diagram.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.