One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘pre-tax profits came in at just over US $2 bln’short for billion‘the government will pump more than 450 bln litres of water into the ailing river’
- ‘Any change in the pattern would have a severe impact on the country, and may disrupt its ability to grow food to feed its 1.3 bln people.’
- ‘Bank-related cash and deposits ended the month unchanged, at $6.3 bln.’
- ‘The total investment amount is expected to be in the region of 35 bln yen.’
- ‘The plans also include capitalized development costs of 21.9 bln euros.’
- ‘The company flew 9.3 bln revenue passenger miles in May 2013, a 4.2 percent increase compared with May 2012.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.