Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘This allows us to enact a performance of a lifetime on earth, reverberating in generic blissfulness.’
- ‘When they finally went back to their table, she was glowing with the exertion and blissfulness, but wasn't out of breath yet.’
- ‘Tired students heaved their bags across their shoulder, hurrying out, heading for the blissfulness of their homes, or the quiet of the library.’
- ‘When nightfall came, they all gladly surrendered to the blissfulness of sleep.’
- ‘Her face was withered from long years of struggle yet lightened with blissfulness from so many happy times.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.