One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for slow-worm
- ‘In truth the blindworm is perfectly harmless and quite safe to handle.’
- ‘The closed quarries are a paradise for thermophile animals: blindworms and lizards are to be found in large populations here.’
- ‘Working together to imagine what hedgehogs, newts, and blindworms look like, the children can then create movements and sounds for each creature.’
- ‘It is curious that in places where blindworms are often seen their innocuous nature should not be generally known.’
- ‘The blindworm, that legless lizard, flows along the porch step calm and majestic as an anaconda, only the size is different.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.