One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for slow-worm
- ‘The blindworm, that legless lizard, flows along the porch step calm and majestic as an anaconda, only the size is different.’
- ‘Working together to imagine what hedgehogs, newts, and blindworms look like, the children can then create movements and sounds for each creature.’
- ‘The closed quarries are a paradise for thermophile animals: blindworms and lizards are to be found in large populations here.’
- ‘It is curious that in places where blindworms are often seen their innocuous nature should not be generally known.’
- ‘In truth the blindworm is perfectly harmless and quite safe to handle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.