One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability to respond to visual stimuli without consciously perceiving them, a condition which can occur after certain types of brain damage.
- ‘In ingenious experiments, monkeys with damage to the visual cortex showed blindsight.’
- ‘And then there is the fact - illustrated beautifully by Humphrey's own work on blindsight - that phenomenal consciousness is not necessary for the perceptual guidance of action.’
- ‘Since the latter pathway is still intact in the patient with blindsight, he or she can use it for reaching for the object.’
- ‘He discusses different kinds of deviant phenomenal models of reality such as agnosia, neglect, blindsight, hallucinations and dreams.’
- ‘The technique is reported as noninvasive and safe and will allow scientists to study a phenomenon of blindsight - the ability of some blind people to sense and accurately describe objects they cannot see.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.