One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic or literary term for blessed
- ‘That horrid slop couldn't cure a common cold if it was blest by Pope Christ!’
- ‘So many people seem blest by certainty in the Tampa debate.’
- ‘When you and Duncan both stayed, we were double blest.’
- ‘James and Audrey Callaghan were blest with three children, not two.’
- ‘The weekend was blest by perfect weather, great crowds, and fabulous flying.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.