One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Madness is an apt metaphor for theatre, not just because its most famous character keeps everyone obsessing with whether or not he's really nuts; in a sense, anyone who chooses a career in theatre is blessedly mad.’
- ‘Your routine each day will be blessedly simple: Wake up; stuff yourself with pancakes, eggs, and bacon; ride the park trail of your choice; then go on a hike to burn off the grub.’
- ‘I haven't had this particular childhood-conjuring treat in years, living as I have been in the blessedly canned-noodle-and-tomato-sauce-free wastelands of Asia.’
- ‘I love the Shower Cleaner because it's so blessedly hands-off - you don't have to scrub, just spritz and rinse.’
- ‘He has a sense of humour (almost unique among today's politicians), is highly intelligent and blessedly was quite free of that terrible aura of ego that surrounds all ranking politicians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.