One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used as an expression of endearment.‘you're so sweet, bless your little cotton socks’
- ‘Clive and Tommy, bless their little cotton socks thought that he was going to be killing us and they would have front row seats.’
- ‘Bless her little cotton socks, she says it a lot.’
- ‘"Sounds as if Asmodeus is kinda busy, though, bless his little cotton socks, soat least you're spared, you know, his real up close and personal attention."’
- ‘You just have to admit he tries hard, Bless his little cotton socks.’
- ‘Well, bless my little cotton socks, it works!’
- ‘Guy (bless his little cotton socks) stepped into the breach and made a few calls.’
- ‘The official history of the short story is written by the professors of English Literature, God bless their little cotton socks.’
- ‘As I mentioned, the latest administration (God bless their little cotton socks) has reacted rather strongly to this.’
- ‘Then as we were able to run we came out on a road and there were the walkers so they could short cut bless their little cotton socks.’
- ‘Interestingly, the little beauty that is amplifier has continued to function throughout, bless its little cotton socks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.