One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical repair or reconstruction of an eyelid.
- ‘Aside from the visual assessment, the procedure itself is really not that much different from a standard surgical blepharoplasty.’
- ‘This time, I am apparently in need of eyelid surgery, which Tammy calls blepharoplasty.’
- ‘Nose jobs, double eye-lids and blepharoplasty (removing bags under the eyes) have remained the most popular cosmetic operations.’
- ‘Eyelid surgery, technically called blepharoplasty, corrects not only the eyelids but also eyebags.’
- ‘The continued popularity of blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and eyebrow lifting attest to the high rate of patient satisfaction with these procedures.’
Mid 19th century: from Greek blepharon ‘eyelid’ + -plasty.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.