One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Cabinet opponents seem to amount to little more than a clutch of powerless bleaters.’
- ‘It is the compulsion to resort to hyperbole that tells me how superficial the middle class bleaters' understanding of, and commitment to, reconciliation is.’
- ‘It wasn't just the doo-woppers (Platters, Marcels) and Italian-American bleaters (Freddy Cannon, Connie Francis) who padded or enriched their repertoire with pop oldies.’
- ‘If we did invade, these bleaters would start moaning about imperialism.’
- ‘On Friday night, the bleaters were at it again when he lined up on Nathan Ablett instead of Cameron Mooney.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.