One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I reached up to rub away some of the bleariness out of my eyes.’
- ‘I watched as his eyes fell shut of their own accord, watched as his breathing slowed, and watched as his eyes snapped open again, blinking away their bleariness in confusion.’
- ‘My eyes snapped open and I sat up, trying vainly to fight off the bleariness of sleep.’
- ‘Slowly, I opened my eyes, rubbing the bleariness out of them as I sat up.’
- ‘As I gaped at him in post-sleep bleariness, I realised with a little shock that I had been sleeping with my head on his shoulder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.