One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I reached up to rub away some of the bleariness out of my eyes.’
- ‘Slowly, I opened my eyes, rubbing the bleariness out of them as I sat up.’
- ‘As I gaped at him in post-sleep bleariness, I realised with a little shock that I had been sleeping with my head on his shoulder.’
- ‘My eyes snapped open and I sat up, trying vainly to fight off the bleariness of sleep.’
- ‘I watched as his eyes fell shut of their own accord, watched as his breathing slowed, and watched as his eyes snapped open again, blinking away their bleariness in confusion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.