One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Just as I was preparing to make another batch of fruit scones, Ross, one of my co-workers, wandered into the kitchen blearily looking for coffee.’
- ‘And every year they wake up at 6.00 am and pretty soon they're dragging me blearily down onto the sofa to open presents.’
- ‘I fumbled around in the dark for some of last night's pants to put on, and stumbled blearily out of the bedroom into the harsh morning light.’
- ‘I switched on the light and gazed blearily through a haze of dust.’
- ‘As I splashed my face with cold water, I remembered blearily the flamenco dancers and the endless absinthe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.