One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As I splashed my face with cold water, I remembered blearily the flamenco dancers and the endless absinthe.’
- ‘I switched on the light and gazed blearily through a haze of dust.’
- ‘I fumbled around in the dark for some of last night's pants to put on, and stumbled blearily out of the bedroom into the harsh morning light.’
- ‘Just as I was preparing to make another batch of fruit scones, Ross, one of my co-workers, wandered into the kitchen blearily looking for coffee.’
- ‘And every year they wake up at 6.00 am and pretty soon they're dragging me blearily down onto the sofa to open presents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.