One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person sitting in the bleachers.‘Holmes was desperately loved by the bleacherites at Braves Field’
- ‘Confusion Reigns When Bleacherites Flee to Reserved Section During Downpour.’
- ‘The one unbending rule that bleacherites are required to follow is this: should an opposing player hit a home run into the bleachers, the ball must be thrown back onto the field.’
- ‘The play concerns the antics of eight dedicated baseball bleacherites at Wrigley Field, who spend the eternal afternoons in God's sun, betting, kibitzing, and kvetching about the action on the field.’
- ‘In one of the dozen or so times this act has played over the last decade, bleacherites pelted the field with trash, temporarily halting the game.’
- ‘Frank Laporte was robbed of a home run by a bleacherite, who knocked the ball down as it was soaring into the left-field bleachers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.