One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The exploitation of black people, especially with regard to stereotyped roles in films.as modifier ‘a blaxploitation movie’
- ‘Putting value judgments aside for a moment, generally blaxploitation employs stereotypes regarding black people, exploiting these stereotypes for entertainment purposes.’
- ‘Universal was not very active in the blaxploitation genre, especially in comparison to Warner Brothers, MGM, and the B-film studios that cranked them out like they were going out of style - which in fact, they were.’
- ‘In 1994, director Quentin Tarantino paid homage to blaxploitation films with the wildly successful Pulp Fiction.’
- ‘He also commented on the depressing state of affairs concerning preservation of blaxploitation pics, with something like 200 of the 270+ films he cataloged from the era being unavailable (at least without some serious digging).’
- ‘Isaac Hayes gets to follow up his blaxploitation stardom with the meaty role of The Duke.’
1970s: blend of blacks (see black) and exploitation.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.