Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A disease caused by infection with parasitic fungi affecting the skin or the internal organs.
- ‘We describe a fatal case of primary pulmonary blastomycosis in a patient with steroid-dependent chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.’
- ‘Our case underscores the necessity of considering blastomycosis in an immunosuppressed patient presenting with pneumonia.’
- ‘A recent case series from Tennessee reported an 11% mortality attributable to ARDS from acute pulmonary blastomycosis.’
- ‘Patients with blastomycosis have pulmonary disease of some severity.’
- ‘An elevated white blood cell count with increased neutrophils and immature granulocytes is typically seen with fungal infections such as blastomycosis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.