One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cell formed by cleavage of a fertilized ovum.
- ‘A single blastomere is removed from each 8-cell human embryo for the purposes of preimplantation genetic diagnosis.’
- ‘Another issue raised is that the blastomere and resulting stem cells would not genetically match the patient receiving the cell transplant.’
- ‘During cleavage the apoptotic bodies are partitioned to blastomeres.’
- ‘In the first, we injected calcium green into one of the blastomeres in the developing fish.’
- ‘No one has yet converted a single blastomere from an eight-cell embryo into a stem cell line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.