Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cell formed by cleavage of a fertilized ovum.
- ‘In the first, we injected calcium green into one of the blastomeres in the developing fish.’
- ‘No one has yet converted a single blastomere from an eight-cell embryo into a stem cell line.’
- ‘During cleavage the apoptotic bodies are partitioned to blastomeres.’
- ‘Another issue raised is that the blastomere and resulting stem cells would not genetically match the patient receiving the cell transplant.’
- ‘A single blastomere is removed from each 8-cell human embryo for the purposes of preimplantation genetic diagnosis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.