Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cell formed by cleavage of a fertilized ovum.
- ‘A single blastomere is removed from each 8-cell human embryo for the purposes of preimplantation genetic diagnosis.’
- ‘During cleavage the apoptotic bodies are partitioned to blastomeres.’
- ‘No one has yet converted a single blastomere from an eight-cell embryo into a stem cell line.’
- ‘In the first, we injected calcium green into one of the blastomeres in the developing fish.’
- ‘Another issue raised is that the blastomere and resulting stem cells would not genetically match the patient receiving the cell transplant.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.